Monday, March 21, 2005

Networking Within Academia – the World of Graduate Education in English and Writing

I have a friend and protégé who has an interesting challenge facing him. I would love to be able to use my network of Blog readers to help him to resolve his dilemma. My friend will soon graduate from the U.S. Air Force Academy. He has just learned that the Air Force has awarded him a scholarship and a year to pursue a Masters Degree in English. Beginning with the Fall Term of ’05, he will have one calendar year to complete an MA Degree, which must be in English, Linguistics, Technical Writing, Folklore, etc. He would eventually like to be able to pursue a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing, so it would be most helpful if his work on this first MA degree were to focus on a concentration in Contemporary Literature or Folklore.

Many graduate schools have already closed their admissions process for the fall semester. I would love to know about graduate schools that would be willing to entertain an application from this Renaissance Man (nationally ranked as a long distance runner for USAFA). I await your suggestions and help!

Thanks.

Al

No comments: