Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Commiserating With “The Commissioner” – Prayers for Peter Gammons' Swift Recovery

I was shocked when I learned a short while ago that legendary baseball writer and ESPN analyst, Peter Gammons, had undergone emergency surgery to repair a brain aneurysm. He was airlifted yesterday from his home in Cape Cod and is now in ICU in a Boston Hospital.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2502295

Please join me in praying for Peter and his family. Gammons is without peer in the baseball community. I see him frequently at Fenway Park, and I am always amazed by the unlimited access he is granted. He has managed over the years to create a reputation for himself and a bond of trust that allows him unparalleled access to the inner thoughts of players, managers, executives and others in and around the world of Major League Baseball. He is affectionately known by many as “The Commissioner.”

I have had numerous one-on-one conversations over the years with Peter, and he has served on several occasions in the past as the source of some behind the scenes Red Sox information that I have shared in The White Rhino Report.

I pray for his swift and full recovery and for a speedy return to the field of play. Gammons is a National Treasure!

Al

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is one of a very few things that continue to be "right" with Major League Baseball today!!!

Best wishes to he and his family.