Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Putting A Human Face To War - A Remarkable Photo Montage

My friend, Stan Genega, a retired U.S. Army Major General, just made me aware of a remarkable slide show of our fighting men and women at work and at play. I found the site very moving. It appears to be a personal Website of a Marine or former Marine.

http://www.iwo.com/heroes.htm

My first reaction after watching the slide show was to shoot off a few e-mails to friends who are serving, and to their families - thanking them for their service and for their sacrifice. I encourage you to do the same. If you do not have a personal relationship with someone serving overseas, e-mail me and I'll be glad to provide the name of someone who would appreciate a word of thanks and support.

Al

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful piece Al - thanks for putting it out there for all of us to see and think deeply about.