Thursday, October 25, 2012

An Invaluable Resource for Kickstarter Campaigns: "The Kickstarter Handbook" by Don Steinberg



I am quite familiar with Kickstarter.  I have helped to fund several artistic projects, including a few albums.  So I was intrigued when I became aware of the new book, "The Kickstarter Handbook."  Don Steinberg has compiled a very useful and very user-friendly step-by-step guide to designing, launching and managing a successful Kickstarter campaign.

The pages are full of honest testimonials from those who have launched both successful and unsuccessful campaigns using Kickstarter.  I was pleased to see that the author quotes liberally from a project I was already very familiar with.  Documentary film maker Bill Lichtenstein maintains an office in the same building where I have my office, so I had followed with great interest his campaign to raise $104,000 for a film entitled "The American Revolution," documenting the history of Boston FM radio station WBCN.  Why that figure?  You can find WBCN at 104.0 on your FM dial!

This book is a "must read" for anyone who is serious about using Kickstarter appropriately and effectively.

Enjoy.

Al

No comments: