Friday, January 02, 2015

Celebrating A Boston Symphony Neighborhood Treasure - Moti and Moby Dick House of Kabob

Moti'
Proprietor of
Moby Dick House of Kabob
269 Huntington Ave
BostonMA 02115

I wanted to end 2014 on a high note, so I stopped by one of my favorite spots in Boston for my final meal of the year - Moby Dick House of Kabob on Huntington Avenue near Symphony Hall.  I also wanted to say "Thank you" to Moti, the proprietor, for her many kindnesses, so I brought along a small gift.  I followed up my visit by writing Moti a note.  It occurred to me that I should share that note and the sentiments it contains, for I believe they represent the feelings of many of us who have come to see Moby Dick as a second home.  So, with Moti's kind permission, I share my note with you now.
  
January 1, 2015

Moti,

I wanted to take a moment at the beginning of this New Year to wish you a very prosperous and healthy 2015.  You deserve it.

I could not help noticing when I last visited you that you were not feeling your best and seemed to be under some stress.  I trust that whatever the source of the stress, it will be removed in this new year.  You deserve not only respect but appreciation and admiration for all that you do for many people.

·       You and your staff have been gracious hosts over many years to the gatherings of my Socratic Roundtable Group.  Members of the group who have moved away from here make a stop at Moby Dick House of Kabob one of their first destinations when they return to Boston for a visit.
·       Whenever Glenn Gaudet and Jason Nochlin, Founders of GaggleAmp, meet me at Moby Dick House of Kabob, you make us feel as if we have come home.
·       Countless Boston Symphony and Boston Pops patrons view a meal at Moby Dick as a necessary part of their trip to Symphony Hall
·       Several generations of college students – from schools spread across Boston and Cambridge, view Moby Dick as a home-away-from-home.  They see it as a place where they can get the same kind of healthy meal and loving service they would have received if they were at home.
·       Patrons of the Huntington Theater across the street often make a stop at Moby Dick part of their theater-going experience.

I could go on.  It is clear from my observations and from my personal experience that you and your restaurant are a treasure for the Symphony neighborhood and for the city of Boston.

It is my wish and prayer as we begin 2015 that you will continue to offer a warm greeting and a hearty meal for many years to come to the thousnds of people who have come to depend upon you to feed both their stomachs and their souls.

God bless.


Al Chase



If you are a fellow veteran of Moti's hospitality, why not stop by soon for a meal and a word of thanks and encouragement.  If you have never partaken of Moti and her treats, I encourage you to make it a New Year's resolution the next time you are around Symphony Hall to stop by for a meal. Tell Moti that The White Rhino sent you, and you may get a complimentary cup of tea to finish off your meal.  You will most certainly get a smile!

Enjoy!

Al

No comments: